My dad has always been a fisher. He loves it. When I was a kid, he would take us fishing, but as I grew up I never wanted to go with him. He would beg me even. I think I was in the stage of "Ew, I can't get dirty and smelly" teenage phase.
Here in St G. my good friend Chelci absolutely loves it. So she convinced me to go with her one time. And I fell in love again. I've slowly being getting my fishing supplies together with my own tackle box and pole thanks to my dad. (BTW my dad loves that I love fishing now!) So this past weekend while I was up north, we decided to go fishing just up the canyon.
Dad, Bear, and I headed up one afternoon and stayed out on the lake for 4 to 5 hours. We were in my dad's pontoon boats and fly fishing. This was my first experience fly fishing and I LOVED IT! My dad gave me special treatment and tied our pontoons together so that he could help me get used to the whole thing. It was a good idea because I couldn't get the turning thing down in the boats. :)
 |
| Getting the boats ready. |
 |
| Showing off our waders. |
 |
| Dad wanted a picture with the awesome background! |
 |
| Heading out. |
 |
| The first fish of the day! |
 |
| Having too much fun! |
 |
| Catching some fish. |
 |
| Dad. Holding both our poles. Dont worry, as I took this picture, I got a bite. |
 |
| The ducks were not scared of us at all. Hmmmm must have been fed to much. |
 |
| Success! Dont mind that I look like I gained 200 lbs. It got cold. |
 |
| Died, Deceased, Dead, Sprinkles. and Bears fish (I can't remember their names) |
|
|
|
Don't worry, we all caught over 20 fish each. It was such a fun little adventure.
Highlights of the trip:
- Anytime Bear tried to study, eat, or take pictures he'd get a fish.
- Getting wacked in the back and face by a fish.
- Dad, "It's not a beauty pagent out here Stacie." Me, "Yah, but dad I could meet my future husband out here." Dad, "Well there's a guy over there, should we go see if he's going to be your husband?"
- Naming every fish, then running out of names for "dead."
- Doubles and Triples
Thanks dad for the fun adventure!
1 comment:
stacie! i love reading your blog! i always wait for your posts!!! :)
Post a Comment