I volunteered this year at this. It is an event in St. G where literally people from all over the world come to compete in various sports. Don't worry, each participant has to be over the age of 50 to even participate. There are all kinds of sports they can participate in. Softball, volleyball, pickleball, running, speed walking, badminton, archery, high jump, etc.
Seriously, the best decision ever. I was so entertained. At my job, we are required to do 6 hours of community service, so I grudgingly signed up for this. Plus I signed up for some more at school. I am so glad I chose to do this because it was so much fun!
I was part of the medical support team. So that means that if any of the athletes got hurt, I had to address it and either fix it or send them off to the ER. I volunteered at 3 softball events and 1 volleyball/badminton. Oh man, the first day at softball I had the 65+ men playing. I was so scared one of them was going to break their hip or something. The worst I saw was a dislocated shoulder, but there were plenty of scrapes to clean and bandage, ice to give, and Tylenol passed out.
These people are so competitive and very entertaining to watch. I think I enjoyed watching the wives at the softball games more than the actual games. I was worried that someone was going to have a heart attack from the anxiety of the games. (Don't worry, no one did).
I for sure will volunteer again next year.

2 comments:
Hey that means I could have participated. Thank you for not referring to them as senior citizens. good job for volunteering.
i will do it with ya!!! i love things like that!
Post a Comment