It was the weekend for Paige and Colton's wedding. So I headed up north Thursday afternoon. Let's just say the trip did not start off well.
I went to Derrick and Loraleigh's to pick up some stuff to take back to the parents. As I got out of the car and was walking to the front door, I saw something jumping up against the garage. I looked. Dont worry, it was a SNAKE! Yah, I had a heart attack. I screamed and ran to my car. I jumped in, put my feet on the seat, and locked the doors. Then I started thinking, the snakes going to come up through my engine BACK UP! So I backed up and called Loraleigh. "I'm not coming into your house, there is a snake at your garage." She came out with Lukas in her arms. The two of them ended up scaring the snake and it slithered away. It was not just a small snake, but a good size one. Loraleigh had me come into the house and I sprinted inside nervous. I definitely scared Lukas, but I couldn't help it. I HATE SNAKES. Seriously my biggest fear for some reason. After leaving their house, I was worried the snake was in my car somewhere. I honestly was scared the whole drive up north that the snake was going to come slither onto my shoulder or something.
I got gas and ice, then hit the road. I make it about 17 miles out of St. G and then get slowed down by traffic. I am stuck in traffic 17 miles out of St. G for TWO HOURS. It was stinkin' hot. Hot, like my car read 12o degrees, hot. It was the middle of the day. The top speed I went was 5 mph. No joke. Because of this, my air conditioner was not working. Me and everyone around me had their windows down, stripped down to tank tops, and sweating bad. My cupcakes even melted. It was so nice to even get up to 35 mph because at least my air conditioner worked again. I ended up having to stop in Cedar City to cool off and stretch. It took me six hours to get home.
That night I went and helped the White's set up for the reception. We watched Paige and Colton's wedding video. It was so good. I loved that either I was in the picture or I was there when the picture was taken. But I think the video started my phase of break-downs. I had to leave immediately because I didn't want to break down in front of Paige.
The next day was the wedding! I went and waited outside the temple for Paige and Colton. When they came out they looked amazing and so happy. I had about an hour break between the temple and luncheon. I went home and prepared my speech I had to give at the luncheon. As I was giving it to my mom, I completely broke down. In fact, I made her cry. At the luncheon, I couldn't eat. I was too nervous to give my speech. I was only nervous that I would cry again. In fact, I told Paige, "I disown myself as your best friend. I'm not giving a speech anymore." The speech went good because I made Paige, her mom and dad, Morgan, and myself cry. :) The reception was that night and Paige's house. It was absolutely gorgeous! It was so fun seeing old friends and people I hadn't seen for years.
I still am laughing at myself for breaking down so much that Paige was getting married. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy for her, it is just weird that she is married. I can only imagine how much harder this would have been if I still lived up there. Luckily, we have been away from each other for about a year.
I did several other things this weekend after the wedding because it was the 4th of July weekend. Peel pool party, scootering with Jeremy, catching up with Bri, family naps outside, etc. Such a busy, but fun weekend.




1 comment:
I think you should come visit again. Just think of all the fun you have with your boring parents.:)
Post a Comment