5.08.2010

Rebel Creek.

This year has been an adventure. I would not change anything about it. I have learned SO MANY lessons, and have learned a lot more about myself. I have met TONS of new people, and quite a few of these people have influenced me in such a good way. This is shout out to those people who helped me this year! (Its in order of when I met them)
Luke Houston:
He was the very 1st person I met a church. He saw a lonely, awkward girl sitting all by herself at church. He came and asked to sit with that me. That day he made fun of me for my stomach growling and he even tried to convince me to bear my testimony that day. He always came to me for his "decision making" and girl issues. Sometimes I may have been annoyed, but I really loved this kid. I was so bummed out when he moved up north in February. He was my "ward welcomer." :) I would consider him my first real friend in St. G and am forever grateful for him for coming to sit with me at church.
Wes Rowlette
Wes, along with Luke, came and sat with me that first day of church. He's another "ward welcomer." :) Wes is a hair stylist and always bugged me to come and get my hair done by him. It took some weeks of convincing, but I finally gave him. Best decision ever. I am his guinea pig and I pretty much let him do whatever he wants to my hair as long as he gives me a good head massage. Wes knows what I need to hear without even knowing my situation. I always tell people to go to him when they need advice. He is a fun guy and I really look up to him.
Steve Summerhays
Oh my! What to say about Steve. I met Steve that first day of church too. He got my new member info and we were joking around the whole time. It was because of him that I had to give a talk my 2nd week in the ward. We honestly clicked from the beginning. He became one of my best friends. We could talk for hours about anything in person or through texting. We were texting buddies, cuddle buddies, counselors for each other, and pretty much inseparable. If I got a text, someone would always ask, "What does Steve have to say?" I can rely on Steve for anything. He knew when something was wrong instantly and knew how to make me happy. I'll never forget Steve because of our secrets, memories, and confessions. Because of the best cuddle blanket ever, car rides to airport hill, prank wars, the "crack," walks down the river, and being pretty much being the same person. :) Because of Steve my room was always clean, I became obsessed with Glee, got like 7 more nicknames and learned that good communication is key.
Dustin Goeke (the one in the pink)
Goeke was Luke, Steve, and Wes's roommate. The first time I met him, he made some comment about being homo. (He really isn't) Thats when I knew I'd like him. Goeke is the best advice giver. We get along so good and we have a very trusting relationship. He comes to me with his problems, and I always go to him for mine. I hate him because he can read me better than anyone else I know. He is super protective of me too. I'll remember Goeke for his pranks, stealing my pillow, his cockiness, "palming the butt," waking me up always, and telling me when I am just being stupid.
Eliza Hiatt
I honestly would not have survived St. G without this girl. We met at a FHE I was deathly scared to go to by myself. We became instant friends and after some convincing she moved in with me after about a month. She helped me grow so much and she pushed me to be more outgoing. I did so many new things because of this girl. We have so much in common and shared everything. This girl is so protective of me and anyone that hurt me she wanted to kill. She was willing to do anything to make sure I was happy. Sometimes I wanted to yell at her for always volunteering me to do things I didn't want to do, but really I am so grateful for her making me do those things. I will never forget "I'm a real big fan of yours," dancing in the hallways, cake fight, her experiments, making our year goals, talking about stupid boys, the competition of kissing first, being 'ptosium and elza' and so much more!
Megan Harmer
I met her at a FHE as well. She lived next door and then below me. I could always go to her when I was having issues. She always had good advice. She gives the best hugs. She has such a fun, crazy personality. I will never forget our deep conversations, going tanning, watching friends, and being able to text her anytime in the middle of the night because I knew she was still awake.
"Tina" Kyle Terry
I love this kid. The first time I met him, I drove him and all his roommates home from FHE. They nicknamed me loneranger. Tina was just too cute. He was the little brother I never had. He would always give hugs at the perfect times, tickle your back, and go for random maverick runs with you. He always made me smile and knew when I needed to sleep. Tina would always come running to me out of giddyness because of a girl. I will never forget making him shave his chest, hot chocolate runs, cuddling for the fun of it, his scream, and him serenading me with his guitar.

Karissa Welch
Seriously one of my favorite people ever. We met at new hire orientation at the hospital. We ended up being in the same pathophysiology class and I convinced her to move in with me and elza. She's in the nursing program with me. I love Karissa because she knows how to make anyone laugh with her randomness and her sassy ways. She ALWAYS woke me up for class and made sure I was there. I will never forget "I have a brain tumor, DVT, and diabetes," treat runs, waking up for stupid clinicals at 5am, complaining about the people we work with, and her always speaking in Spanish.
Summer Lawson
Me and Summer used to hate each other. A lot. We both didn't have a reason, but we thought the other person hated us, so we hated each other more. We glared at each other and never talked. Luckily, Tina convinced me that me and Summer would get along and to give her chance. He was completely right. I absolutely love this girl. She always listened to my drama. She always said the right things. I will never forget Swig runs, 5 guys, parking by the pool, floating down the river, character macaroni-cheetos-dp, and spotlighting.

I loved this year and gained so many great friends. I met several other people, but I would say these people have made this year that much better.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Tace this just made me bawl. I am so happy you did this post, and I just might copy you....maybe not cause I just thought about how long this would take me :) but I am so happy you did it. I am sad I had to leave, but I cant wait for the memories to come. Next year your post will be titled..."the hookup" :) oh man, we are genius. Love you

Unknown said...

hey hun!!! i love you and am so thankful to have you in my life. i cried when i read this. my phone broke or i would of text you back. its better now. he had to go to the doctor but he just has a little booboo. ha ha :) miss you!!