8.06.2009

Med/Surg

Welp, its official. I do not work at American Fork Hospital anymore. Tuesday was my last shift. It was a super busy day, which was good because that way I got to see a lot more people. On Med/Surg, they put your name and picture up on the board if you are working that day. I guess the night shift before I came in for the day shift decided to write all around my name about me quitting. Before I got there at 8 later that day, it was erased. Luckily, almost all the same night shfit people were working again so they recreated it when they came back to work.
This is Jason and my boss Annette. They were apparently sad to see me go.

Jason also made me a cake.
Thanks Jason. It was yummy. I died because I do not work on that floor anymore.

It was sad to leave, but I am excited for my new adventure. I never expected to be sad, but I did shed a few tears giving everyone hugs.

Things I will miss about AF Med/Surg:
  1. Most of the people. (Yes most, not all though. They are a few individuals that I will definitely never ever miss. )
  2. How I knew a lot of people on different floors and departments because of the size of our hospital.
  3. Dr. Barratt, Dr. Chipman, Dr. Liddle, Dr. Cosgrave, Dr. Doyle, and Dr. Ritchie (my favorite doc's)
  4. How helpful most of the PCT's were when I needed help with a patient. And even most nurses.
  5. How understanding most nurses and Doctors were when I messed up as a HUC.
  6. Lots of other things that I just can't think of right and probably will notice when I start my other job.
  7. The pink shop hamburgers, shakes, and ham & cheese bagel.
Things I won't miss:
  1. The gossip.
  2. When it felt like we worked in a psych unit, nursing home, or the developmental center.
  3. Certain doc's.
  4. Brittney, the scheduler. Yes, this is rude to mention her name. But I just did not get along with her. She screwed up my schedule so much and I was sick of it.
  5. Our call light. I know I will always have to deal with a call light, but ours was just annoying. I hated it.
Med/Surg was a good floor for me to start off on. Will I ever return? I doubt it, but maybe.

No comments: