3.06.2011

I found my...

Last year if you asked me if I was crafty, I would tell you no. In fact I would probably say, "HELL NO!" I was always envious of those who could craft. During the summer, I made a bucket list which included doing something crafty. It started with making bows. Then it has gone up hill from there. My roommates often call me there little miss Betty Crocker. I love crafting and trying new ideas. Some girls are good at sports. Some are good at scrapbooking. Some are good at music.Its about time I found something that I am honestly good at. I am not perfect that's for sure, but my projects do not normally turn into disasters.

At the end of the summer, I bought couches from a garage sale. The owner gave me about 15 pillows along with the couch. Lets be honest, the pillows were pretty disgusting. There were stains everywhere. I am positive if I washed them, none of the stains would come out. I had made my friend Chelci 2 pillow covers for her wedding and it was pretty simple. I had to make them up north because I did not have a sewing machine. After coming back down to St. G,  I talked to my sister and she sent me down her old sewing machine.
By old, I mean old. When I looked on youtube of how to thread it, the title came up as antique sewing machine.
Antique Sewing Machine

It actually works pretty good still. There are a few cliches, but it works for what I need it to. Anyway, I bought fabric for my couch pillows and just finished all of them yesterday. So I made covers for the stained pillows and the flowers on top. 

By all means they are not perfect, but I really enjoyed doing them. Plus my living room is cuter now. :)

Here are a few of my other craft projects from the year. I didn't include any of my hair bows or headbands though.

Headband Holder


Hanging on my door

Yes, I know they are crooked, I was too lazy to fix it for the picture.
Modge Podge

Frame I made for Dayna and Craig. I made 1 for D&L and Bear & Tina too.

This is for Paige and Colton. Surprise!! I know you still don't have it yet.

One of Jordan and Chelci's pillows.
I know, what a long boring post about my crafts. But I seriously love it.

5 comments:

Paige said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! PLEASE move back up here so you can get me into crafting!!!! Also... the "Love" sign is SUPERRRRR cute. You rock :)

Dayna said...

Yay for crafts!

Loraleigh said...

Your pillows look really good. *impressed*

debbie said...

Good job Stacie! You are doing some really fun things. I know it is because you are in the sunshine and it makes you happy. So you work on that tan and I will work on my and we will see who wins! Love you lots.

debbie said...

Ok, so I have lost my teacher/spelling/grammer skills. I will work on my tan and you work on yours. Sorry about that.