12.16.2010

Traditions.

I am a HUGE fan of traditions. When I have my own family we will have tons of traditions. For every holiday, birthday, and even just random Sundays. My favorite are my Christmas traditions. Sadly, I'll be missing out on almost all of them. They include:
  • Decorating our house.But especially helping mom with the village
  • Dipping chocolates with Grandma Anderson
  • Make cookies and candy with my mom and Dayna. Then deliver them to the neighbors
  • Peel Christmas party
    • Santa Clause
    • Grandma getting all fancied up
    • White elephants
    • Delicious Food
    • Cousin present exchange
  • Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's
    • Turkey dinner
    • Caroling around the neighborhood on the trailer or everyone squished in the front room
  • Christmas Eve at home
    • Opening Pj's and racing my siblings to put them on
    • Mom reading the Savior's birth story while we all place the characters in the manger
    • Making the breakfast casserole
  • Christmas
    • Me waking everyone up because I am the youngest and can!
    • Making mom and dads bed while they set up
    • Walking out to the tree youngest to oldest or vice versa
    • Breakfast casserole, oranges, and eggnog
    • Lounge around until we go to G&G Andersons
    • Play games and G&G Andersons then go to the G Peels
    • Come home and stay up late playing with our new "toys'
  • Ice Skating Party
    • This hasn't happened for years, but the Anderson's used to do it.
    • Ice Skating at 7 peaks
    • Game night at our house
      • Catch Phrase
      • Chili
      • Christmas Cookies
Same Santa

Napoleon Dynamite at the Peel Christmas party

My Christmas completely alone

Typical Christmas Eve picture after getting our pictures

Another jammie picture

Christmas Eve at the Anderson's
Peel sisters

Oh Santa and my UGLY hair
I love all of these traditions. This is how I remember it being ever since I was little. I would not change anything about it. But sadly this year I miss all of it. Every single thing. :( I honestly am super sad about it. Dang work. I QUIT! 

2 comments:

Dayna said...

That is so sad :( if it makes you feel any better when you get married stuff changes too. So this is just preparing you for that. And believe it or not these traditions aren't going to be the same for us either cause half the family wont be there.

Dayna said...

Oh and love the napoleon dynamite picture of us ha ha ha