12.30.2010

Craft

Crafting can be dangerous. Seriously. I mean the amount I use a hot glue gun, you'd think I wouldn't have fingertips anymore. But the scariest thing happened yesterday. I got new tights for Christmas, so I decided to use my old ones and make new hair bows. I found some scraps of material in my moms sewing box so I took it too. I've made several bows buy burning the edge of the fabric to give it a worn look. So I did that with the headband I made out of the tights.
Then I had cut out some circles with my mom's material. I started burning the edges of it. All of a sudden, the material started on fire. So I was trying to blow it out and it just got bigger. My dad happened to be right there so he started blowing too. It just kept getting worse. I just chucked it onto the counter and my dad threw water onto it. It was so scary. It definitely burnt the counter and gave us all a scare. Luckily nothing else started on fire.
Its scary to think the clothes I wear are made out of that kind of material.
Don't worry, I'll continue to craft even after my fire experience. :)

BTW: I hate the way my blog looks and gave up trying to make it look better. Ugh.

2 comments:

morgan.elisabeth said...

wait I love the way your blog looks!! help mine!!
ohh I am soo happy you guys were able to put that out!! phew!
love you!

Dayna said...

Oh sure try to burn down mom and dads house